What is the best dog food that doesn't cost a fortune

I want to try a different Dog food and was wondering what is the best that won't break the bank?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pets

• NUTRI SOURCE NUTRI SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jorhmommy

Answer by jorhmommy at 5:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• FROMM, all natural and very good food. You would have to google it to see where it is sold by you. They have a website
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Purina 1
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• kibbles n bits
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You know, my Westy eats the store brand dry dog food, and is absolutely fine with it. I'm happy that works for us, and it's real cheap....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Personally for our dog we use Purina Little Bites (or small bites rather) dry dog food and Mighty Dog canned food. She's just a little chiuahua though, so not sure if that would work for yours or not. She eats so little, we spend about $12 every 3 or 4 months on dry food and about $12 a month on canned food.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Quality dog food brands which I have actually fed to my dog are Alpo and Pedigree. It's good food for the health of your dog.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Pedigree or Beneful. My dog likes both and everyone always says how soft her hair is.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I hate to break it to you people but Pedigree and Purina are shit foods. You'd be better off feeding your dogs the bag the food came in. They are both filled with things like beaks, ears, eyes, intestine and so on. They are packed full of fillers, so your dog isn't getting proper nutrition at all. Alpo and Ol Roy are the same...Ol Roy was recalled for having melamine in it. Do you really want that in your dogs system?

OP, go to www.dogfoodanalysis.com It will help you to find a good food that won't break the bank. Those of you that are feeding your dog shit food, check it out as well. Feeding your dog a quality food will be far more cheaper in the long run. Dog stays full longer, you aren't going through bags and bags of food to keep the dog satisfied.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 7:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I just buy science diet, especially on sale. If you look at the serving labels. If I remember right....The cups serving per body weight is quite a bit more than science diet's. And on the cheaper stuff, my dogs bugged me all day as if they were hungry. they're satisfied on this stuff. Well worth the extra 7 bucks. Peace in the house;)
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010