Training for a marathon...

I am currently training for a marathon I will run in 5 months (May 2009). I was wondering if there are any fellow runners (past or current) that would like to share their race stories. My goal, for as long as I can remember, is to run a marathon before I turn 30 and September of '09 will be here before I know it. Also, if there is anyone out there that would like to cyber train with me, albeit for a 3K, 5K, 10K half or full marathon, I would welcome the camaraderie! Thanks :)

madlyinlove412

Asked by madlyinlove412 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been training for a marathon but have decided to postpone it until next year and am going to run a half...why? INJURY, ILLNESS!

Look after yourself and make sure you dont overtrain..I kepty having a knee problem and i got ill....despite this I coudl run the marathon I was training for in October..but I want to get a good time..and I know it will be pretty crappy based on my loss of training.

Rest days are just as important as training.

Good luck...i love running :D
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Good luck!!! I wish I could do that--it has been years since I could run any races (only 3k & 5k) but they were fun:-) I admire anyone for such training:-)
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Thanks for your encouragement and advice :D I am just in the pretraining mode now - 20-30 miles/ week... please think about me in a few weeks when my mileage will increase! That is when I will need some encouragement! Also, thanks for the resting advice... I know how important it is, but sometimes when you are in the midst of training, rest days become obsolete... I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks and happy running (Ronnie80, anytime you need some encouragement if you are interested in starting to exercise, let me know... we are all in this together!)
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Definately eating right, using great supplements, getting proper rest and knowing when to ease off is important. It's lots of fun, work, and excitement working towards such a great goal!!!

Many blessings and have fun!!!

www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 4:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would love to be a part of this thread, my husband and I are training for a half marathon-- not quite as amibitious as some of you, it would seem. But I could still use the help, camaraderie, some tips, anything to push me along. My goal is to either complete a full marathon or a half triathlon before I turn 40-- I'm 37 now, so I have a few years to work up to this, but I definitely am not in the best of shape.

Can anybody recommend some good training websites?
    Also wondering how your training is going, madyinlove?
    babysosmart

Answer by babysosmart at 1:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009