Does anyone know what kind of screening teachers go through to get hired?

Background checks? periodical drug tests?
I saw on my high school cousins facebook page that just in the las couple of yrs that several teachers have been arrested for numerous things...
>>This is what they are saying<<
no no no thats not why she got arrested she has been gotten arrested a while ago, i was let in on this info from a jackson high teacher. not saying any names but all the jackson teachers know about it . she was arrested for having a meth lab in her appartment and distributing it to minors. just so everyone knows haha. dont ask me who told me i wont tell you
Jackson high is all messed up back in the day there was a coach who had sex with the teenage girls last year there was a teacher who tried to bribe a girl into having sex with him so she could pass and this year theres a teacher who is getting arrested for prostitution and distibuting meth ! Wow im glad im outta there.
OMG!!! CAN WE SAY HOME SCHOOL?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in

• It depends on where you live. I had to have a Criminal Background check, a child abuse clearance and a FBI background check. I work for a private school, so we are subject to random drug test. I do not know about public schools in our area on that one.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I work for a public school and we have to pass a extensive background check.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Here they do an extensive background check.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 6:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would guess they would do background checks, child abuse abuse checks, and a drug test. I know just to volunteer at my kids preschool the last 2 years they have done full background and child abuse checks on me, plus proof of auto insurance because I drove for all the field trips because we have a 15 passenger van!
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010