A problem all my life, I'm too slow at work

I've had this problem since I started work in my twenties. I'm 42 and was recently told at my job that I'm working too slowly. I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do to fix the problem. I've been tested and was determined that I'm a slow processor. From some blogs, I have learned that this comes from slow processing and memory speed. But all that I can find are blogs with people with like problems. I'm trying to find some information online so that I can find help. I'm in a position at work that I have to do certain duties within an allowed amount of time, but I'm always late. I've been already monitored my my boss to try to help me, but I just got scared and did worse. I feel that my job is on the chopping block now.

Are there any helpful information links on how to improve my physical speed?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• sorry idk but i will give you a bump
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• There are memory tests and things. Also something as simple as board games, memory games, etc. Anything to make your brain think, so to speak. Unfortunately as we age, this process only slows down. I can tell ya, I'm 46!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• How about checking with your primary care doctor if you haven't already?
    luv2laaf

Answer by luv2laaf at 5:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Not sure what your job duties are but if they have anything to do with memory recall and quick thinking, then I highly suggest buying the game Brain Age for the Nintendo DS. That game helped me a lot.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm wondering if there is an area in which you DO excel? Are there any tasks in your life which you breeze through quickly? Or is slow and steady the way it is with everything?
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 5:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Maybe you are in the wrong job. There are jobs that might capitalize on your strengths. Find out what your stenghth are and find a job that prizes these strengths.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010