I'm TTC and staring to think it will never happen!

We've only been TTC for a few months now but nothing.. Everyone around me is getting pregnant and it's making me so depressed! What can I do? Should it BD everyday? or every other day? This is really depressing and I'm gonna break down and cry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I know that ttc is very hard it took hubby and I 11 months before we conceived...but it is all about timing...I suggest that you get to know your body and your cycles properly so that you can determine when it is that you are ovulating then you can begin ttc...I suggest you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility this book truly works wonders
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know that it is very hard but honey you need to try not to focus so much on it.. It usually happens when you are not concentrating on it so hard. Best of Luck Mama!!! Also I wanted to tell you that I bought the online software from Take Charge of your Fertility and started taking my Basil Body Temperature and we got pregnant successfully using it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am TTC baby # 2 and I have also been trying for a few months. When you think about it, it doesnt seem long but living it day to day does seem to be forever. I got preg. so quick with my daughter that I thought it'd be the same agian. But I had a miscariage the end of May/beginning of June. So its been a little difficult wondering whats wrong now??? But I just keep telling myself it will happen when its suppose to and try to stay positive. I catch myself breaking down on the days when eveyone asks me "When are you going to have her a little brother or sister" and I just say "One day!"
    Anyways long story short: I know how your feeling and I pray that you soon get a positive result and a HEALTHY PREGNANCY!
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 7:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i know the feeling hun believe me i do i have been ttc for almost 4 years now but i have faith and know my time will come. i ttc for 3 years and was afraid something was wrong so i went to a specialist and was told i had blocked tubes so my only route is to start ivf which i will be starting this year..

what i did before seeking help was ttc for at least a year before sseing a doctor because they dont consider it a issue until u have tried at least a year. you can start of by using ovulation kits to pin point your ovulation day..as soon as u get a surge bd until u test again and have no surge
    or bd every other day to give ur dh a chance to build back his sperm count
    pm me if u need a friend to talk to or have any other questions
    good luck
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 8:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thats the one things people never know is that TTC is not easy for everyone it just takes some people longer. Keep trying, BD every other day. Use opks to be sure you are ovulating. After a year go ahead to the doctor.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 8:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Even a healthy couple with no problems whatsoever can take up to 18 months to concieve. If after 18 months you are still struggling see a fertility doctor. I had a blocked tube cutting my chances in half. After the procedure to unblock it I was pregnant the next month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing right... I've learned to not stress... Stress makes it alot harder... The only people who know I want another baby is my husband, and people on here... I want want friends or family asking every month if I'm pregnant... It makes it that much harder... Take you time and have fun with your husband... That's what I'm doing... It's only been a month since being off birth contorl... so I really now know that it might not happen for us anytime soon. Good luck to you!!!!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 10:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It can take awhile. I know a very dear friend has been trying for over 14 months and still nothing. Don't stress, relax and enjoy the practice!!
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Good luck! Sending Baby Dust!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010