Preterm Labor

I am 35 weeks and at 33 weeks and again at 34 weeks i went into preterm labor. When i went in the first time i was 1 cm 50% effaced and he was at 0 station. Second time i went in it was 1 week later and i was 1 1/2 cm 75% effaced and he was -2 station. I have been on breathine to stop contractions since i went in the first time. Now i am almost 36 weeks and the medicine has stopped working. But they won't induce. I guess my question is What can i do to either speed it up and just have him or stop it completly?

Married12Kevin

Asked by Married12Kevin at 5:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At this point I wouldn't try to speed up labor, let your baby be in there as long as possible. The good news is that the medicine did help you gain an extra 3 weeks into the pregnancy, very good news for baby. Now at almost 36 weeks your baby will be okay but I would just let nature take its course. You'll go into labor again and when you do then you'll have the baby! It's getting close from what it seems so just stick it out.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree, you don't want to rush it if you can buy another week or so. Babies delivered between 37-42 weeks is considered full term. The more time they have for lung developement the better!
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008