How can I get my two year old son to keep his diaper on?

My son pulls his diaper off all the time. I have to wash his blankets every morning because he pulls his diaper off in the middle of the night. I have put him in shorts and onesies to try to keep him from taking his diaper off. He gets out of everything. I dont know what else to try. PLEASE HELP

nebraskamamaof2

Asked by nebraskamamaof2 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont try to keep it on him... he is showing signs of being rady to potty train
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ready~~ sorry
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

• Potty train him or a strip of duct tape around the tabs part.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• LOL..I think I asked this same question about my daughter a few months ago.
    I guess I got lucky because the onsies with the snaps DOES work with her. Those are the only things she can't take off so I've been using them on her every night for bedtime so she can't take the diaper off at night or in the morning.
    Some people had suggested using duct tape on the tabs.
    SOme sugested putting sleepers on backwards.
    Good Luck..I know how frustrating it can get! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My 2 year old was doing this and the routine of washing all of her clothes & bedding every morning got TIRING! She could get out of onesies, dresses, shorts, I even tried a pair of her brother's pants...she would take them all off. What I ended up doing was cutting the feet out of a sleeper and putting it on her BACKWARDS so that the zipper is in the back ~ she COULDN'T get out of it and we had clean sheets and clothes in the morning. This was not a sign of potty-training readiness (at least for her it wasn't)! Good luck! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 5:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• DUH..HELLO...time to potty train. That is an obvious sign to try. Why didnt I think of that. I will blame it on baby brain. LOL. Thanks for helping me see the light and all of the great tips!!
    nebraskamamaof2

Comment by nebraskamamaof2 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010