what are things I can eat high in fiber?

I have been having trouble going to the bathroom since June the doctor thinks it is my fiber cause I don't eat much during the day so he told me I need to eat more in fiber, but also told me he was going to go ahead and schedule me a colonosgraphy. I am for one so scared to have it done I know what to expect from everyone telling me, but mostly cause I am inbarressed to have it done. So I thought to change my diet from now until then see if it helps. So what has a lot of fiber I can eat? I am a picky eater. My appointment is September 7th which sucks cause I am putting my DD in ballet that week sign ups are 7-9 and then it is also her first week of school (kindergarden) so I don't want to call her off, but I don't have a babysitter. My DH can't watch the kids cause they said someone has to be there for me to bring me home. My kids will not sit that long 5 and 2.5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• fruit and whole grains
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• BEANS LOTS OF BEANS!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Believe it or not, Avocados! They are great with a little salt and lemon juice on them. Also, watermelon is.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Have an apple then go for a walk to get things moving. I would say a apple a day or celery with peanut butter, cream cheese or laughing moon cheese on it. Also eat Raisin Bran.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• you can also use fiber one cereal crushed finely in a blender in place od bread crumbs in stuff like meat loaf.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I got a juicer just recently and you can really get a TON of fiber in that way. =)
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 5:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• whole grain bread,sweet potatoes,squash,carrots,beans,apples

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

Whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes are loaded with fiber.Foods to avoid are simple/white grains, meat and dairy.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010