My kids wont be quiet

Now I know that my son is 5 and my girl is 3, But since they were born a rule in the home is please be quiet until everyone is up and ready for the morning and had their coffe etc, But still my son especially gets a loud voice or they immediately start too play and scream around I have told my son that he will have too stay in his room until it is time, is this wrong?? advice on what i can do will help thank you..

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 5:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not necessarily, they need to be able to occupy themselves quietly in their rooms until time...does your son know his numbers? Write down the time on a piece of paper and put it by his clock and tell him the can run and scream after that time. This worked for my oldest...What time is this going on? I'd say anything after 8 is fair game in our house.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 5:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mine are 5 & 7 and they still wake us all up EARLY every morning. My 7 year old isn't so bad, she will stay in her room and play or read until she thinks she hears someone else up. My 5 year old wakes me up the moment his feet touch the floor. Add the two of them together and they are SO noisy. One thing that I did with my daughter (that I need to do with my son) is to get her a digital clock for her room and I showed her that she is not allowed to come out of her room before 6 AM (because she would). That helps her to know if she should be awake or not. My son will sleep later than she does, but the minute he opens his eyes he is hunting me down. Another thing I will do is to have a breakfast snack ready for them to grab, either dry cereal or a pop-tart that they can quietly eat, usually that works if I remember to leave something out. I have to be up by 6:30, so it's only on Sundays that their noise is an issue.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Do you really think a child that age is even capable of being quiet! Come on now We have the same rule, but my kids certainly don't follow it. lol
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Whomever stay in their room closest to time to get up gets a PRIZE! yay! Worked for us but each kids different.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010