Help, baby does not want to drink formula milk!

My 6 month old son does not want to drink from bottle ever since I introduced him to solid. At first, he'll suck a little, then turns his head away right after that. I thought it was the bottle or the nipple, so I changed a bigger nipple and different bottles, but he still does the same thing. He will cry and scream if I continue to force the bottle. I have to work, so I pumped it out duirng the day. This is still the same with breast milk. He was doing great with bottle feeding prior to 4 month old. I know it's not the taste of formula or breast milk. I just can't figure it out why? Most of the time, I have to feed him while he was half sleep and half awake. This is the only time he will finish all 6 oz. Usually, he will only eat 2 or 3 oz and stop. He's still hungry but refuses to eat. Is this normal? I know he's teething casue I can see it coming out, but the teething has been going on for 3 month. Help!

MMAK

Asked by MMAK at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, my kids eat and drink everything!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Breast feed him when you are home; pump while you nurse, and continue to pump at work.

Someone else needs to give the bottle, when you are not around.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He will only take what he needs. Theres no rule saying he has to have 6oz every feeding. He knows what he needs. You could also try a sippy cup. He may like that better.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• try cartnation instant breakfast
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Regian keeps suggesting Carnation Instant Breakfast...it is NOT for babies or children. Full of sugar.

If he only wants two or three ounces, that's FINE. He gets to drive this bus for now, as far as how much he takes. He knows what he needs and it's not usually nearly as much as we grownups think it should be.

When he wants more he WILL let you know.

A sippy cup will be a better choice, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• try a sippy cup
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010