Hi, my 22 month old girl takes off her pjs and diaper every night after I put her down to sleep, sometimes twice in one night and also in the morning when she wakes up before I go in to get her. So far she has just peed if I don;t get to her in time to redress her and I'm getting tired of this, it just started about 2 weeks ago and there hasn't been any changes in our routine, any tips? Thanks in advance.

emlopes11

Asked by emlopes11 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My nephew did that for awhile too...
    I would try zipper PJ's with no feet and put them on backwards.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds like she's ready to get rid of the diapers and start using the potty. Don't discourage it, but encourage her to use the potty when she doesn't have her pants on.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You could try putting her in a one piece outfit and put it on backwards so that she can't get to the fasteners & undo them.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Put them on backwards

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds like she doesn't like itchy stuff.. Change her jammies to something very silky and turn down the A/C..or she could just be hot and is taking everything off....Hmmmm, just love that finicky stage!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 6:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Honestly, all little ones go through it. Some seem to take everything off and some just take some things off. I really do not know what you can do to stop it. Maybe she is getting too hot at night? My little one would take her clothes off at night because she was too hot. As for taking off her diaper she did that too but only during the day. Have you been trying to potty train her yet? That will help with her peeing in the bed since she is taking off the diaper. Other than that I really don't have any advice. Good luck and here is a bump for you to get better answers!

lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• One of my sons used to do the same thing.So,Igot plastic coverings for his mattress and just let him go .She'll eventually stop.She is probably just hot & uncomfortable in the middle of the night.Have you tried putting her to bed with nothing but a diaper on?Hope this helps.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 6:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She doesn't like the feel of a diaper. Potty training time!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you don't think she's ready to be potty trained, you can always put duct tape over the tabs on her diaper so she can't get the diaper off.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a clothes/diaper hundini too~ lol
    The only trick I have is to put undies over the diaper. It worked for my son. I tried everything and after about a month of waking up to a "chocolate" covered baby and trying everything I tried the undies.
    He still takes off his jammies but he can't take the diaper off!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 12:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010