Best cheap digital camera?

I am looking for a new digital camera. My Nikon got sand in it and decided to die. :( I want something good but at a decent price. I'm looking at anywhere between $100-$200, but I'm not sure what would be best. Opinions? I don't think I want another Nikon. What does everyone else use and like?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 6:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I bought a Kodak EasyShare DX6340 several years ago and love it! It's not a professional camera by any means, but it is good for a camera dummy like me who wants great pictures. My favorite thing about it is the SD card that I can take out, pop into my computer's hard drive, and download all my pics in a matter of moments. I love to edit my pics right away.

I would love a new digital camera myself that takes clear long-distance pictures because I attended several of my daughter's Senior year events and graduation this year but got lousy pics because I was sitting too far away. This camera only has 3.1 mega pixels and I was told that the more a camera has, the better the pic. I was also told to look for a camera with a built-in awesome zoom lens so I won't have to switch them out like a professional does.

Hope you get a great one! Please share when you do!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a kodak and i love it!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• http://reviews.cnet.com/best-budget-cameras/?tag=
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• sony
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well with most brands you can always find a cheap camera it just won't be as good as the expensive one but it'll get the job done
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• your phone is the cheapest
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• PS: Mine cost around $100 when I bought it. Don't go too cheap...go for quality.
    PrydferthMenyw

• kodak
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 12:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010