Browsers - Google Chrome vs. Firefox

What browser do you use & are you happy with it? I gave up Explorer a long time ago for Firefox, and it did its job well enough until the latest update, since which I get an error message everytime I open it and it became slow enough to annoy me. So I downloaded Google Chrome, but it is also so slow and when I switch between tabs it makes me wait whole minutes while it reloads the page. The ads at the top of every Cafemom page make it freeze until I kill the flash or shockwave or whatever app it is, and then I don't see the ads anymore, but at least the page loads. I feel like I spend the whole day at the computer, or back & forth coming back to see if it has loaded, and then when I reply to a post or click for the next page it makes me wait while everything reloads! There has to be a better browser out there! Do you know what it is???

(Sorry if this isn't the best category, but I didn't see a better one!)

debbymichelle

Asked by debbymichelle at 6:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use chrome and firefox. Sometimes chrome messes classesand won't load a webpage, and I have to use firefox for my online classes
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I use a very old laptop that only has 256mb of ram. I run Linux on it and my browser of choice is FireFox. I have the latest update available for my OS. I run only two add-ons... WOT and AdBlockPlus. AdBlock is a godsend, I don't have to wait for the damn stupid ads to load and suck up my memory. I tried Chrome and I don't think it is quicker. FireFox 4 is in beta as we speak and I have heard great things from it. Do some system cleaning and clear out your cache and cookies, restart it and see if speeds it up.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I run Linux on the lappy, so as to eliminate the pain of windows *sigh* I tried Chrome, wasn't impressed... Though I absolutely love my Firefox. Mozilla has so many addys...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I love firefox personally. I had IE7 for the longest time and it was a piece of crap compared to the firefox i have now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm happy with Firefox! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I love firefox!!! :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ObbyDobbie ~ Yeppers! Us happy Linux users don't have to be bogged down with AntiVirus and all that weird constantly scanning background software. The Free Open Source Microsoftless World is a happy place to be.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• niether
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Enternet Explore (sp). If that is what you are talking about.lol! I have no clue. I'd have to ask my husband.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010