Is eating a lot of 100% whole wheat bread bad?

I m trying to cut back on some foods but lately I find myself eating PB&J (very lightly spread) on this wheat bread or a little mustard with sliced turkey breast sandwich and I drink lots of water. Or sweeten tea (I no that part is cheating but sometimes I want the sugar)...;) Oh and I have been doing a lot of walking daily if the weather permits but I hope I am not over doing it. you know how you try to do good for yourself them something out of no where comes up and ruins it. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You should not have more then 6 servings of whole grains a day. Make sure that you are eating a variety of fruits and vegetables (7 servings a day, in at least three different colors), and replace some meat with legumes, like lentils, tofu and beans.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• no,you'll poop alot,but whole grains are very good for you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No but like PP said it will make you poop a lot if you eat a ton.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• NO
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• "Everything in moderation", is the old saying. Eating whole wheat bread may be healthy but too much of it is not used by the body if too much is consumed. Bread is considered a carbohydrate and what isn't used as energy is stored. You do however get the benefit of the fiber that is in it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• so you're eating 2 slices a day? That is fine
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• no
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2010