What do you believe is actually removed during an abortion?

And why not jus carry the child to term and then exterminate it? Why can a child be killed in an abortion at 7 months and yet if a child is born Premature--it is considered alive and worthy of treatment to save it?

Ronnie80

Asked by Ronnie80 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I don't know, I am pro-choice but I don't believe an abortion should be done after the first trimester, after that you should have the baby and if you don't want it or can't take care of it then give it up for adoption.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• This is the most common method of abortion during the first twelve weeks of a pregnancy. General or local anesthesia is given to the mother and her cervix is dilated.

A suction curette (hollow tube with a knife-edge tip) is inserted into the womb. This instrument is then connected to a vacuum machine by a transparent tube.

The vacuum suction, 29 times more powerful than a household vacuum cleaner tears the unborn child into pieces which are sucked out through the tube into a bottle and discarded.

on in the first trimester:
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• A question that has made its rounds many times.
    Anonymous

• My point is--I was pro abortion UNTIL I learned what it was doing to women and then I learned what actually happened in an abortion. If after learning the facts--NOT opinions--and you can still be pro-abortion--so be it. But one should learn the facts about it. You can find JUST the methods used at readthetruth.com. There is no biased opinions--just the facts.
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• D & C
    This method is similar to the suction method with the added insertion of a loop-shaped knife (curette) which cuts the baby into pieces. These pieces are scraped out through the cervix and discarded.

This is not to be confused with a therapeutic D&C which is done for reasons other than pregnancy.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• DILATION AND EVACUATION (D&E):
    This method is used up to 18 weeks' gestation. Instead of the curette used in D&C abortions, a pair of forceps is inserted into the womb to grasp part of the fetus.

The teeth of the forceps twist and tear the calcified bones of the unborn child. This process is repeated until the baby is totally dismembered and removed.

Sometimes the head of the child is too large and must be crushed for removal.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The contents of conception. The developing human infant.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• 7 month abortion is not legal anymore. No more partial births so why are we discussing this? It's disgusting what they do at that point.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ohhh my goodness gracious. Under no circumstance would I ever be able to do this to a baby. It just sickens me.
    A_R_M_Y_M_O_M

Answer by A_R_M_Y_M_O_M at 8:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You had to go and bring up partial birth abortions. I actually think you're pretty smart, Ronnie, which makes it all the more despicable that you are trying to deceive the idiots. Oh! And Readthtruth.com (with an exclamation!). Now here is a reputable website! No bias there! And it sites other great sources for it's facts like Lifesitenews.com, another completely impartial news site. Stop f*cking with people because you have an agenda. I respect your beliefs but I have no respect for your tactics right now.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 8:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008