Is it normal 2 have some bleeding after sex?

im worried cuz ive got 3 months 2 go and ive started bleeding after my husband & i have sex.....is that normal?

bree2010

Asked by bree2010 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I bleed sometimes after hubby and I have sex, just very little though
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If your pregnant and having bleeding after sex I suggest that you do not have intercourse again until your next doctors visit. Then mention that you had bleeding after intercourse and see if your cervix may be irritated.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yup. Your cervix is quite sensative.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. You are sensitive in that area. It is common to bleed after intercourse. As long as it's only spotting and it's only after intercourse, I would not worry.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Once when I was about 18 weeks pregnant my husband and I were having sex. He stopped and said"What is that?" We turned the lights on and there was blood everywhere. On him, on me, big splatters on the bed.
    I FREAKED! I called my midwife at 1am hysterical. The MW on call called me about 20 minutes later and asked these questions. "Are you still gushing blood?" Are you having any really bad cramping?" I said no, she told me I would be fine. The cervix is very sensitive and the sex can irritate it. At my next appointment I talked to my midwife and she checked in the U/S to make sure my placenta was high and not near the cervix.
    That is the only real worry. Your doc would have said you have placenta previa if it was an issue. Just be more gentle during sex and you should be fine. My MW did say to watch for heavy bleeding that doesn't stop and severe cramping. If you don;t have those you should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Very normal. I wouldn't have sex anymore after that.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This happened to me last night. It really freaked me out. But, it was only spotting and no cramping. I would say just to be gentle and if it still worries you ask your doctor.
    Christinajeanne

Answer by Christinajeanne at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It happened with my second child and freaked me out.I talked to the doctor and they told me it was normal but still freaked me out some.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010