stretch marks

does anyone no any remidies for stretch marks?

Maci.kate

Asked by Maci.kate at 6:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't get any stretch marks with DS and attribute it to the fact that I drank about a gallon of water a day. I also rubbed Bio Oil on my tummy.
    I'm 5 months pregnant and haven't had any pop up yet. I'm not drinking as much water but still making sure my tummy is nice and lotioned up!
    DecemberMomma33

Answer by DecemberMomma33 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is my first pregnancy, and I was sure I'd get stretchmarks since I have some already(not on my belly but on my thighs and boobies) but I haven't gotten any and I'm 23 weeks along(and HUGE lol) I've been using Moist brand Hemp Lotion(coconut lime scented) from Sally's. I love it and it keeps my belly really moisturized...and so far so good...
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• usually you will get stretch marks in your third trimester (I did during BOTH pregnancies)... I have heard bio-oil works wonders or palmers cocoa butter lotion. I also think having good support is just as important- you could try a maternity belt or stockings maybe. Keeping hydrated will keep your skin soft by eating right- getting plenty of vitamin E & drinking lots of water is good sound advice also! Good Luck!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 7:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I never noticed mine at all until after I delivered my first. I used bio oil after and it lightened them to the point I was comfortable wearing a bikini again. I got some with my first, but didn't get any with my subsequent 4.

Answer by missanc at 8:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I drank water (I'm a water person anyway, but I drank nothing but water and milk while I was pregnant, and it was summer in the south with no A/C...you bet I drank a lot). I used olive oil and palmer's cocoa butter, each once a day. I gained my weight slowly and only gained 19lbs. I even have a mother who has never had a stretch mark. I look like I was mauled by a tiger. If you're gonna get em, you're gonna get em.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010