stretch marks

does anyone no any remidies for stretch marks?

Asked by Maci.kate at 6:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't get any stretch marks with DS and attribute it to the fact that I drank about a gallon of water a day. I also rubbed Bio Oil on my tummy.
    I'm 5 months pregnant and haven't had any pop up yet. I'm not drinking as much water but still making sure my tummy is nice and lotioned up!

Answer by DecemberMomma33 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is my first pregnancy, and I was sure I'd get stretchmarks since I have some already(not on my belly but on my thighs and boobies) but I haven't gotten any and I'm 23 weeks along(and HUGE lol) I've been using Moist brand Hemp Lotion(coconut lime scented) from Sally's. I love it and it keeps my belly really moisturized...and so far so good...

Answer by jazi1105 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• usually you will get stretch marks in your third trimester (I did during BOTH pregnancies)... I have heard bio-oil works wonders or palmers cocoa butter lotion. I also think having good support is just as important- you could try a maternity belt or stockings maybe. Keeping hydrated will keep your skin soft by eating right- getting plenty of vitamin E & drinking lots of water is good sound advice also! Good Luck!

Answer by annaica at 7:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I never noticed mine at all until after I delivered my first. I used bio oil after and it lightened them to the point I was comfortable wearing a bikini again. I got some with my first, but didn't get any with my subsequent 4.

Answer by missanc at 8:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I drank water (I'm a water person anyway, but I drank nothing but water and milk while I was pregnant, and it was summer in the south with no A/ bet I drank a lot). I used olive oil and palmer's cocoa butter, each once a day. I gained my weight slowly and only gained 19lbs. I even have a mother who has never had a stretch mark. I look like I was mauled by a tiger. If you're gonna get em, you're gonna get em.

Answer by ohbladi at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010