OMG.My 17 year old cousin is in jail.He shot someone today.

My Aunt just called me. At 1:00 today, my 17 year old cousin shot someone. I was told they were playing with a gun and it went off and it shot the other boy. The boy is alive but in the hospital.
My cousin was hiding, my Aunt found him and took him in to turn himself in to the police.

I don't even know where they got the damn gun from.They didn't get it from my Aunts house, she doesn't have any guns.
Why WHY do these kids play around with guns?
I HATE GUNS! THEY RUIN LIVES, THEY RUIN FAMILIES.
Two lives changed today. And for WHAT? To play with a fucking gun.
I feel like screaming.
I'm worried about my Aunt..she's on the edge, flipping out.So much bad has happened to them in the pst few months.I don't think she can take much more.
I feel helpless right now, there is nothing I can do, and I'm not used to that.So I'm venting, tryingto figure it out.God Help them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm so sorry!!

I don't like guns either!

Thank goodness the other kid is still alive! It doesn't always turn out that way!!

Prayers with your family *** and the family of the victim..
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is not the fault of a gun. What was a 17-year old kid doing out at 1:00 A.M? Guns don't shoot people. People shoot people. There are many people who own guns and use them responsibly and guns are even necessary in many instances. This is a child who should have been home in his bed asleep at that hour, and somebody dropped the ball. I hope the boy who was shot recovers, and I hope that your cousin gets enough of a scare from this incident that he stays away from places where he can get into this kind of trouble. Hopefully, everybody involved in this will learn valuable lessons from it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• im sorry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear that! I will be praying for your family. Thats why we dont own a gun... I am so scared of that very thing happening to one of my own kids.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• OMG, I'm so sorry.
    DecemberMomma33

Answer by DecemberMomma33 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Aw Hun...Hugs and prayers for your family!!! XOXO
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• HIUGS
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• So sorry to hear that, and yes God will take care of all who are envolved.. It is a very sad thing!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry,for your family. For the child that was shot and your nephew.
    I do disagree about guns though. The people who own guns must be responsible enough to NEVER leave them out,NEVER.
    Guns don't shoot on their own:(
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• oh im so sorry hon, thats horrible, Just be there for your aunt and help her where you can..sending prayers to you and your family
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010