When should I pack my bag for the hospital?

I'm almost 23 weeks along, and I know I have plenty of time still, but I was wondering when I should pack my bag. I'm due December 2nd, but the baby is developing 6 days ahead of schedule(the dr kept my due date because the first u/s correlated perfectly with my last period, etc...he just says that she's bigger than the average baby.) and the dr says that since I have a small uterus to expect her anytime in November(I'll be 36 weeks Nov. 4th). So when do you think I should have my bag ready?

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I mostly make the list of what I will need for me. Then i pack the babies stuff and keep the list with the bag. Because most of the stuff u pack is probably stuff u use on a regular basis. Tooth brush, brush, deodorant etc. Stuff u need everyday but def don't want to forget! I start packing my bag around 32-34 weeks so long as there are no complications. If there are probs I start packing earlier. Be sure to keep the list with the bag so u know what to grab in a hurry if need be. Also if ur dh or so may need to help pack or do it for u, be sure to be specific about what u want and where it is located. Me and hubby had issues with this during one of my pregnancies. Good luck mommy! Hope things go well. Oh and don't forget socks! U will be glad u packed them!
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• it's never too early :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I packed mine after I started to go into labor at 32 weeks lol.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i had mine packed when i was like 20 weeks :). It's realyl up to you when you pack it, but its nice to know that it is ready when your ready!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• comfortable clothes to come home in
    toothbrush and toothpaste
    coming home outfit for baby
    SNACKS for hubby (whatever you do dont forget that)
    clothes for hubby
    shampoo and conditioner
    soap
    deoderant
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would start now with just a list of what you might want to take. I don't know about other women, but I didn't need most of the stuff I thought I would, and there were definitely some things I wish I had brought (my own shampoo and conditioner, pillow...)

Congrats on the new baby!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I packed around week 36 hoping my little one would come early as did my previous child, but it's never too early I think. Maybe between 32 and 36 weeks, gives you plenty of time to change up those "come home" outfits for baby, I know I did, I changed my mind like 4 times, every time I got new clothes for him I took one outfit out of my bag, LOL! congrats by the way!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• sorry thought it said what to pack....
    Its never too early....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i packed mine at 36 1/2 weeks when i started to go into labor and they said they were not going to stop it. it stopped on its own but when i got home i was like ok..time to pack!
    iopd and speakers.
    laptop
    4 pair of underware
    4 outfits (2 nightgowns and 2 pairs of yoga pants and shirts)
    4 pairs of sock
    4 outfits for baby

pillow
    blanket
    toiletries
    TP (i hates the hospitals)
    stuff to keep my busy and comfortable during labor
    room spray to make my room smell not so much like a hospital

thats it i think . . .
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would honestly be more concerned with what your doctor was saying then when you should pack your bag. He is claiming that he knows your uterus is too small? And that your baby is too big? There is no scientific way of knowing. I'll bet money he is planning on giving you a c-section.

To your original question, keep a list handy on the fridge of everything you need. Once you reach your due period (2 weeks before and two weeks after your due date), pack the things you won't need on a daily basis or any food/drink you might want to bring.
    squish

Answer by squish at 7:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010