Best baby shower gift?

I'm looking for unique and chic (but affordable) gift ideas for my BFF. She seems to have everything so I want to give her something special that she'll really appreciate.

Thanks!

DecemberMomma33

Asked by DecemberMomma33 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she hasn't already bought diapers, buy her one of these. Cloth diapering is gaining popularity and that pack will give her enough supplier to use for at least a day.

Or how about a merino sleep sack? They're sooooo much better for baby than fleece and totally adorable! I was given one for DS over a year ago and he's still wearing it.

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 6:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• A certificate for a full body massage for after the birth of the baby. A special outfit for the baby as well.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Gift card to a spa?? IMO it's okay to get the mom something too. Pregnancy can be hard on a woman's body!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Make her a diaper cake :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I always love putting together a great big diaper bag loaded with goodies. Be creative. A first year photo album, a cute little piggy bank, a savings bond, a music box. Just some ideas, have fun with it whatever you decide
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• OMG I am pregnant and the massage ideas sound FANTASTIC!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Erica_Smerica had the perfect idea... or maybe a personalized diaper bag if they have a name picked out already
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• A diaper caddy . You put all your diapers and wipes and such in there and you can take it too all the rooms you are in it was a lifesaver for me snice i was sleep with are daughter in the living room.
    clairemomma09

Answer by clairemomma09 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The thing I love & use the most now that I kinda dismissed @ the time is a large reusable swim diaper. We're @ the pool or the beach alot & since its a large I've been able to keep using it. When she was smaller I'd put a reg diaper inside & now that she's larger I don't. Think of something you use alot that you can't live w/out.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• One of my favorite gifts was a giftcard to one of my favorite restaurants that does takeout. It was so nice to have something simple for supper that my husband could pick up on his way home from work those first couple of weeks!

Answer by missanc at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010