Copper IUD adult content

What is your expeirence with them? I just had one put in about a month ago, when we decided that would be the best course for birth control after my baby was born in May. I haven't had any problems yet, although I have had mild cramping for the last 3 days and I don't know if there is a problem with the IUD or just my body getting ready to have the first "after baby" period...

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 6:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Health

• I also had the copper. It was the best BC out there, I think. non-hormonal and you dont have to worry about getting pregnant. I had mine for 5 years before we decided to add to our family. Once it was removed I got pregnant that very cycle.
    Good Luck. Your cramping sounds normal still. If you don't feel right, call your care provider.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a copper IUD and I love it. It's non-hormonal so it shouldn't mess with your periods. It also lasts up to 10 years. Anyway I've had mine in for about 3 years. I like that I don't have to remember to take anything. Plus it's something like 99.9% effective.

If I remember correctly I think I did cramp a little more when I first got it in.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I had Mirena...which is pretty much the same thing, minus the copper lol. I loved mine. I had it for about 2 years.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i have had my Paragard for 3 years now! its pretty awesome! the cramps are normal! i do get heavier periods tho! so dont freak out when you go thru super tampons every hour! but i have never had to worry about being pregnant!
    ;)
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010