Ahhh I'm so nervous...

So my son is almost 16 months old (on the 12th) and my hubby and I were talking about when to start trying for our next baby. He said I should go off bc in Nov. It took us 2.5 years to get prego with our son. So if we get prego right away they will be almost 3 years apart and if not then 3 years to like 5 years apart. I heard it is easier to get prego once you have already been before. I'm nervous I love my son he is so much work and he is so spoiled I feel kinda bad that he will have to share a baby with mommy. What do you think?? I told my husband yes but I am yes one minute then no one minute.....

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 6:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Also take in the account that you COULD get pregnant right away. if thats fine with you I say go for it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have 4 kids. They adapt and it is amazing that you find you really do have enough love for more then one child!
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My experience - it took us over a year to get pregnant with the first one, and just one week to get pregnant with the second.

My daughter is almost 3 (with a very physically active personality), and son is one month now, and it's actually going quite well. I'd say go for it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It all boils down to how many children do you want to have? Project yourself into the future, if you can, and picture how you'd love it to be . Several children, two..........? I was content with our first and almost said no to more mostly because I didn't want to have another c- section. But someone suggested to me to do what I just told you and I could easily see that I really wanted more than one. I wanted my son to have a brother or sister, I always talked about what we could do with the "kids", etc. You certainly have room in your heart for more. And you have plenty of time to read up on how to make the transition as stress free as possible for your son. ;) I wish you all the best!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was back and forth, too. Now I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old. It was a rocky start since I wasn't used to 2 kids needing my attention. It took about a week to get the hang of everything. I love being a mom to 2 and wouldn't change a thing. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My children are almost exactly three years apart. I like this spacing because as you welcome your baby, your oldest is not as needy and can entertain themselves while you care for baby. They are also old enough to "help" with baths, diapers, ect. and to understand what a baby is. I LOVE the spacing between my children, I hope everything works out for you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You adapt and you do it better than you think you can before baby #2 arrives. So does your oldest. My kids are 27 months apart. There are days they're at each other's throat - but MOST of the time they are the best of friends. In fact, my job got exponentially EASIER once my little one was interacting with her brother because they entertained one another. ;) Now they are 8 and almost 6.

It took us a long time to get pregnant the first time. In fact, we even gave up the idea of kids altogether before being surprised by DS. My 2nd took about 3 or 4 months. On the other hand, I have friends are struggle for a 2nd. One is still trying and her only-for-now is 8. The other went the route of fertility treatments and her girls are 5 years apart. The point is - you just don't know. If you're fine with 2 kids in 9 months from now, go for it but know it could take much longer.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If he is spoiled that shouldn't stop you from having another. If you guys are financially able and you are both excited for it you have 9 months to pump your son up. I'm sure he will be a terrific big brother. It'll teach him to share his space. You can have him socialize with other peoples babies as well. So he can get ready for it. Good luck!
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 9:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think if you're ready for a baby that soon, then go for it!

My DD will be 2 years old in 9 days and we are planning to start TTC baby #2 in March. If we were to get pregnant right away, they would be 3 years and a few months apart.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thank you everyone... I do want two kids for sure. I guess I jsut think of all the work and get tired thinking about it. But that doesn't last forever. My husband wants to which really suprised me. I think I'm going to plan on trying in November and see how that goes... I know it normally takes 6 months to a year for birth control to get out of your system. I'll be going off that in November.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010