Don't you know that you don't even have to OWN a gun for a kid to get hold of one?They sell them in the streets like they are candy to these kids!

Kids can obtain a gun from anywhere. They only got $50? Thats okay because most of the guns sold on the street come from houses that were broken into..they are STOLEN guns from people who own them and keep them so nicely locked up away from there own precious cargo children.
I'm not for or against guns. I don't know what I am. But for right now having just found out my 17 year old cousin accidentally shot another kid today with a gun bought from the street I can say I hate guns. This child could have lost his life!
I guess I just want to give a heads up to people. This stuff is happeneing out there,wether you see it or not. Its so sad and so tragic.Kids killing kids. Guns are weapons.Not toys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Guns,Drugs and just about any thing that kids want to get their hands on is out there for a price,legal or not.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• IMO more focus needs to be given on why kids are buying guns on the streets in the 1st place.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well i think it boils down to people needing to step up as parents. teach your children how to make good decisions. properly supervise them. obviously they sell guns on the street. hey, you could even get one for free if you join a gang. kids need to be taught right from wrong and then things like buying a gun will not even be on the agenda. there is always going to be the option to do the wrong thing..... we have to teach the kids to be more than that. be smarter and brave enough to do the right thing. i think that's the main challenge of raising children.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes of course and the police that are targeting these neighborhoods where guns are so easily bought are always under fire themselves because politicians, lawmakers and their families themselves feel that they are unjustly hassling them.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 7:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Guns are weapons.Not toys

Exactly! and every child should be taught this! not just the ones whos parents own guns.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• too true....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You can teach your children well, you can raise them well. That doesnt stop another child from a different environment from buying a gun. That child could be walking down the street,across form your child that has been raised well about guns. Your child could accidentally be shot by that gun.
    Its more to it than teaching our OWN children right from wrong.
    There is violence on our streets that some seem oblivious too. And not all these kids are from bad or broken homes, not all these kids live in the projects or are in a gang. Its happeneing to good kids.
    Its frightening and its sad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010