When is it time to start trusting someone? Let's just say that my husband was cheating for now. Sometimes it seems like he is still lying and then I wonder if it's just me.

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• No one can tell you the answer to this. You will know when you are ready. If your husband is being open and honest and is (has) done all he can to re-gain your trust it is up to you to let go of what has happened and move forward. It is a long process, there is no time limit. And no, you are far from being alone! There are many variables when it comes to trusting again. Open & honest communication with your spouse is key. Good luck!

• Just don't hold a grudge. You can forgive and its ok not forget. Rely on what your heart is feeling. Don't give him trust till he earns it back.

Answer by mca_parkers at 4:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• He has to earn your trust so it's up to him to rebuild what he has torn down.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Mine may have (hear say) but still I dont know if he did or not, but I have had to learn to trust him again and Im doing pretty good but do have day where it's all I can think about and it makes me sooooo angry, so I dont know if there ever is any getting over and trusting again.

• It is very hard to trust again. I have had a few cheat and it never goes away, the doubt and uncertainity. There is nothing wrong with being cautious and guard your heart. But try to forgive but not forget.

Answer by jc33swann at 8:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2008