It's been confirmed that I have PCOS. I have tried an IVF and wasn't successful. As for PCOS, I am not the typical PCOS patient. I don't have any of the hair growth, overweight, etc. except have cysts on ovaries. However, now I am thinking of going on Metformin which I have never tried. What do you all think? Any ideas? Going crazy!

Darla600

Asked by Darla600 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds a lot like endometrosis. That is what I was dxed w/3 yrs ago. I know that when you are in treatment doctors sometimes focus less on the dx and more on overcoming it. I hope that your treatment is a huge success!!!;)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Have they checked your Insulin levels? I have PCOS and my main symptom other than my ovaries is my sky high insulin resistance which metformin will help. Metformin will only really help with blood sugar regulation. If you don't have insulin or blood sugar problems it won't do much plus it does have some side effects that can be a bit unpleasant, but if you need it, it can be life changing in a positive way. PM me if you have any more questions. BTW did you try Clomid?
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 10:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I second what nickie said about insulin and Metformin. I too have PCOS and I take metformin for the insulin resistance part of it.

Good luck, I hope it happens for you soon! : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010