Does the I CAN'T do attitude drive you nuts?

Like friends or family members that ask for your advice and then give you 110 reasons why it won't work. So you show them some different options, and they have an excuse for every one of them....

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 7:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• yes
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yup, they are the ones I stop offering advice to & simply say "wow that sucks", its what they really want anyways. Some ppl just like to complain!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When someone complains about something, I usually just listen and agree on how much it sucks. I don't offer solutions because I've learned over the years that most people are wanting to vent and complain. They aren't looking for solutions. They're just looking for validation.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• absolutely. I know many like that
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree. When I have come up with several solutions if there are only excuses I back off and say sorry.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• goodness yes! drives me nuts! If you don't want my advice, don't ask in the first place!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yeah, I know what you mean. A certain friend always asks my advice and always tells me why it won't work "for her". Now I offer if she asks and then I simply say, "just give it some thought".
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i always say well you asked and you got it. take it or leave it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yep, they drive me so nuts..

That I don't even bother with people like that any longer. They are not worth my time, energy , nor even worth my opinion/advice. If someone that I know is like that, ask for and advice or opinion, I tell them I don't have any to share and leave it at that. If they continue on, I simply tell them taht I have no desire to hear their problems and they are more than welcome to just keep them to themselves.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh my gosh. You and me.. we're like this: >< . It drives me CRAZY. I hate it when someone asks for advice and when you offer a sensible solution - or at least something viable to look into, immediately they come up with reasons that it won't work. I hate that. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
    Can't never could do nothing.
    I'm a Can DO type of person. I don't think of reasons why it won't work - I think of ways to MAKE it work. LOL
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010