wow, son is throwing a huge 16 acting 6 temper tantrum,,help?

He asked for cash for his b-day. I wasnt just going to give him a wad of cash, sorry. Im a single parent and I dont got it to give. Got him some presents, got cable installed on his b-day. He just went off b/c he doesnt like what he got and told me he wanted cash from me. UGH,,,,Im doing the best I can here. Dad did give him a wad of cash so I dont get where this is coming from. Oh well, better luck next year if it was that horrible for him! I got nothing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have raised two teenaged boys. You need to see why he wanted the cash. Is it to have pocket money for the mall or to take a girl out or something. Wait till he is not angry and ask him if there is something he is saving up for. It is a misconception that boys do not have emotions that get out of control like girls do. Ask his Father about it, see if he knows why your son would react like that.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ahhh teenage hormones! Why did he want the cash? The thing he wanted to use the cash to get is what he's upset about.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would tell him he is being an ungrateful brat.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• im sorryaww sry to hear that :( i have no advise for you but here is a bump

mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would have returned his presents. Period, End of birthday. Maybe NEXT time he'll be more appreciative!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh boy...he would loose that cable before the sun goes down tonight. Ungrateful! You need to teach him a lesson!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would have done the same thing I do when my young (9 and younger) children do not accept gifts. Return them. End of story.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• They still do that at 16! My guy IS 6 and he throws big ones!
    I am so sorry,I hope he cools down so he can be taked some truth into!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I definitely agree with the above, i snatched a present back from my cousin over christmas because she had the nerve to whine over what c olor something was...SERIOUSLY your mom is a single mom your dad doesnt help out i know your like 10, but UGG ill return it then it wont matter wht color it is HOW BOUT THAT!

Your son wouldnt have cable ne more...that was super nice of you, thats a CONSTANT bill, not just a one time gift....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with the others, I would have simply said I'm sorry you don't like what I got you for your birthday and I don't have the cash to just give you. I will go ahead and take everything back and shut off the cable I installed for you. It's one thing to be disappointed its another to show that and be disrespectful about it, and I would tell them exactly that.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010