i havnt gained that much weight and i am five months pregnant is that bad?

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 6:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am 18weeks and ive lost 6LBS. Were you over weight when you got preg? I was, my DR told me overweight woman gain less weight...
    MPwife07

Answer by MPwife07 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• no i wasnt overweight i only weighed 110 before
    mommyowens

Answer by mommyowens at 6:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• im 20 now but when i was preg i was 19 anyways i weighed about what you do and i didn't gain alot in total i gained 24 lbs. over the whole time, but every one is different. have you been to the doctor lately, they usually check if you are growing, i forget what its called. im back to my pre-preg weight now.
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 6:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have only gained 1.5 pounds but, I am over weight. You will gain more weight as you go.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I'm seven months, 29 weeks, and I'm under my starting weight. As long as your baby is developing normally, you should be fine.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If you can feel the baby getting bigger and moving around then your good. It doesn't move alot but, feeling it like once or twice a day is good enough for 20 weeks.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It depends on what you consider to be "that much weight". Its normal not to gain much in the first few months. If there is any concern in your weight gain, your doctor will let you know.
    InkedVixen

Answer by InkedVixen at 6:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• if your doctor is happy with the baby's growth & you are eating healthy, for both you & your baby's benifit then be thankful that you won't have alot of weight to lose afterward.
    Mamou

Answer by Mamou at 6:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• JUST EAT HEALTHY...DO NOT BE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT...TRUST ME...A LOT OF THAT IS WATER WEIGHT
    Sofie-Fatale

Answer by Sofie-Fatale at 8:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It's nothing too crazy to be concerned about unless your losing weight... I was underweight and was losing weight in the beginning of my pregnancy... doctor advised me i should gain total of about 35 lbs for the total of my pregnancy... once i hit about 7 months I BLEW UP lol i'm due in about 3 weeks and ive gained about 40 lbs... So don't stress about it...it will come =] I too was worried that I wasn't gaining enough weight but I am well nutritioned now. to ease your mind talk to your OB about it. good luck!
    jyi0621

Answer by jyi0621 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2008