2 year olds

my son is 2 and when he wants something or whatever... he ask me for ice cream and i will tell him no... he keeps repeating himself over and over again and wont stop for an hr.. is there something wrong?? or do all 2 year olds do that??? thank you...

arkncld08

Asked by arkncld08 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-4 Credits)
  • Maybe he doesnt think you hear him or that you dont understand him. I would say "oh...you want ice cream? I understand...but mommy says no"

He could be testing you, if so stick to your no answer or it will get worse in the future :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• mine sure does. She will ask if she can have something. then after I say no she says Halie have one? (her younger sister). I say no again and then she list of her stuffed animals and babies. it gets really annoying!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Better than the screaming and screaching our almost 2 yr old does when he is told no to a yummy treat.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Maybe testing you... I ask my LO if she heard me and she'll say yes and I'll say, then why do you keep asking then.. And she stops...Don't give it.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i'd say that's normal. my 3 yr old still does it. you have to stick to your guns or he will walk all over you. offer him something better instead. like yogurt instead of ice cream.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010