does any ones dogs that have to play right next to them?

i have two dogs that are about 5 lbs a pice but if they are not touching me some way they wont even play..and when they play they have to be right under my feet it just makes me mad some times.

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pets

• I have two dogs, both over 40 lbs. and they can be the same way if I'm not home much for some reason. The dogs just want some love & attention and some breeds can be more needy than others. Schedule in some specific play time with them each day and they will learn to entertain themselves at other times because their need to have your attention will be somewhat satisfied (dogs are actually never truly satisfied, but you can put them off more if they know they will get some one on one).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ours are 100+ lbs each and if that were the case I would be on the floor,lol... They do like to lay at my feet , and at night on each side of the bed on the floor, but otherwise they are pretty content to just come up for an ear scratch every now and then.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• im home with them all day. they always get loves from me lol its cute but im prgo now and its getting harder and harder to walk from one room to the next lol
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My dog will occasionally be very insistent to play ball or just get loved on. If for some reason she is being too pushy and I don't have the time to play, I tell her to "go" or "lay down." She knows both of these commands and will leave or go and lay on her bed. It is a good way to teach them boundaries.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Our dogs are always have to be near us too in the house and outside. They will bring food over to where ever I'm at inside and eat by me. If I'm outside hanging up laundry on the line they will sit right next to me too.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 10:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2010