PCO and trying to conceive

PCO and have tried Clomid, HSG and had really good levels. I stopped trying about 9 months ago b/c it was getting so stressful. I need to know if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for infetility b/c of PCO. By the way, its been 110 days since last period. Husband has been checked- he's OK.

Bamamama8

Asked by Bamamama8 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you mean PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)? I have it, and I had to take progesterone to force my body to have a period (I hadn't had one in a LOOOOOONG time) and immediately got pregnant after that. Since it has been 110 days, I'd call your dr. and ask for some hormones to make yourself have a period. It's worth a shot! After so long your body needs it anyway. Good luck to you!
    icook

Answer by icook at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• PCOS is a really nasty thing. I would call your ob/gyn first to get you to have a period. Then you need to discuss a plan for ttc. I have PCOS but was undiagnosed until we were ttc our 3rd. It took 2 tcc #1, a bc accident for #2 and 2 years with various treatments ttc #3. What ultimately worked was a combination of aspirin therapy, metformin, actos and shots in my stomach. And I feel I was one of the lucky ones - my health insurance covered all of my meds and my cycles were fairly regular. Feel free to pm me if you have questions or want to talk.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I also have PCOS. Have you had any testing done to see if your uterus and fallopion tubes are normal? Also, have you tried Metformin? My reprod. endocrinologist put me on the sustained release one because I was having weird side effects to Metformin. After finding out one of my tubes was blocked, I got pregnent on my next cycle with metformin alone. I know it can be very stressfull because I tried Clomid for 2 cycles and then when time to be with my hubby, he ended up having kidney stones and wasted those pills. I know it is hard but try to relax and enjoy your time together. Keep in touch with your doctor at all times and get a refferal to a good and understanding endocrinologist. My dr. knew of a good one and drove 3 hours to Witchita instead of 1 hr to KC. Good luck and keep your spirits up high.
    natesmom67

Answer by natesmom67 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008