Placental Abruption

Have any of you had a partial or complete abruption? What happened? Were you and the baby okay? I had one last time and spent from 27-37 weeks in the hospital when I delivered my Son. I am experiencing some of the same symptoms and have an ultrasound next week. I am very scared.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 8:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a placent abruption with my son Gavin who is now 4-- He was born with only 30 % of his placenta working . We were told over and over again when I was pregnant with him and on bedrest for 6.5 months that he would never make it to term-- Well he made it to 1 day before his due date:0). I did have a lot of bleeding during my first pregnancy, not sure what caused it and the placenta kept tearing away. I was on strick bedrest in the hospital and then I went home for a few months with a daily home health nurse. I even went out in a wheel chair to my appointments due to not being able to WALK. It was all so worth it. I never let myself believe that I would loose my son. IF you have any questions please let meknow. Not much did NOThappened in my first pregnancy. I have to say that you do EVERYTHING the doctors tell you to do and NOTHING else. Have injections to strenghten your babies lungs and REST REST REST---
    CapeCodMom1

Answer by CapeCodMom1 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My sister-in-law did. She found out when she passed a massive clot about the size of her palm. She was told to rest a bit still in the early pregnancy months, but toward the end she was fine and had a safe, normal, vaginal delivery. Just follow doctors orders for the best possible outcome for you and for baby.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Let your doctor know if you experience anything you are uncomfortable with. It's better to be safe than sorry where you and your little one are concerned. I had a friend recently who lost her baby at 37 weeks and came very close to losing her own life. Stay safe!
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 11:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010