How soon until I lose it?

I put on about 20 pounds over the last year. I've recently started working out 3-4 times a week for 1-1.5 hours at a time, mostly walking & swimming but I've put on 5 pounds. I could scream! Where is this weight coming from and when will I start to see the # on the scale go down? I eat very healthy and I really just needed to get off my butt! I am 36 and do not have any kids of my own...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• are you counting calories? even healthy foods can make you gain weight if you eat too much of it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The best way to monitor is calories in calories out, and do exercise consistently, it will probably take a while for you to see results, but I bet it took a while for you to gain them.

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• you could be gaining muscle, which weighs more then fat. Go by how your clothes fit & how you feel, not the number on the scale.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• worry more about inches lost then pounds. It you are building muscle and loosing fat the scale will not show it for a while.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i read that, genetically you can only lose 1 lb of fat a week., everything else is water and/or muscle.

use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bout a month or so...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2010