Hair Pills

What kind did u ladies recommend I forgot. The kind to make your hair grow, I brought some biotin from wal-mart today. Has anybody try them and how long did it take to work.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• How many times a day did u take it.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My mother took some hair pills and got cancer. I really do not recommend taking hair pills.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ive taken biotin with MSM sulfate and with a regular multi -vitamin or hair vitamin pill. I usually see growth immediately
    lajones10

Answer by lajones10 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What, how do u know the cancer came from the pills. I am so sorry to hear about your mother and thanks for the information.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure how they knew. But that was the only thing new she was taking...all her body changes started after she started taking the hair growth pills. She got tired, sick, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, when they checked her out it turned out to be cancer....really when you think about it all this things over the counter now days seem to effect you one way or another and its normally not in a good way. I just don't suggest to anyone to take things inless your doctor gives it to you and you know ALL the side effects and risks.

lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I will take them back tomorrow
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• the pills will just help make your hair healthy..

remember to keep your diet healthy and use protein treatments, and a trim every 4-6 weeks to keep it in good shape..

(note: it's not going to make your hair grow magically longer.. it will just give it the boost it needs to go HEALTHY.. so if you already have a healthy head of hair, these pills aren't going to do much if anything for ya)>
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually, if you just eat correctly, it will nourish your hair.  I have a post about the foods that are healthy for your hair:

Hair Healthy Foods

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I take biotin and I have noticed a significant amount of hair growth in a few months. Also its really dependant on how much you take. I take about 5k mcg.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 4:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I take biotin twice a day and it has been working well for me. It doesn't make your hair grow but it makes it stronger and healthier which in turn helps you retain length.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010