Does anyone bake fresh bread anymore?

What would be the benefits? ...besides saving money?

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• to me baking bread is a pain in the butt and imo it doesn't taste any better than the bread from the bakery lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my mil does, only when she doesnt have the money to buy it
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ME!

The benifit is the smile on my family's face. I dont do it often usually during winter... the smell of bread makes the whole house feel warm and holidayish.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I havent made plain fresh bread, but I woudl like to. But I do like to make blueberry bread, banana bread and stuff like that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do.....not very often though! My DH likes it better. My brother does for his girls because they're not allowed to have store bought bread because of a lot of the extra things that are put in it.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do every week! Your bread is fresh and has no preservatives. It fills your house with a wonderful aroma, and there is nothing better that warm fresh bread! You don't even have to be a pro ~ trust me.... My mom bought me a KitchenAide mixer and it does all the work! I get my flours at a bulk store so while a loaf of fresh Italian bread at the bakery is $2.99, I'm making it for a fraction, FRACTION of that cost! It is very rewarding.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I bake bread all the time...I just think it tastes better. I bake zucchini bread in the Summer with all the zucchini we get from our garden. in the fall I make pumpkin bread (along with a million other pumpkin flavored things) and when I'm bored I make white bread or Cinnamon bread. Don't know if there are any benefits but we enjoy it =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do! I make & refrigerate enough dough at one time to be able to bake a fresh loaf of bread every day for about two weeks. The advantage to homemade bread is that you can put anything you want into it and at the same time you know exactly what ingredients are in it, so no worries about allergies, chemicals, artificial ingredients, hidden salt, fats or sugars, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do. I even make home made biscuits and home made cornbread, in addition to yeast breads, banana bread, and zucchini bread. I would bake it just for the pleasure of getting to smell it while it cooks.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well, I've done it and it doesn't save me any money LOL for store bought bread, I just get the $0.99 stuff ;o) I do like the homemade bread better, but it is time consuming! Thankfully I got a bread machine for Christmas so I let it do all the mixing then just bake it in the oven because I hate the whole in the bottom from the blade if it's baked in the machine.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010