What is healthier to drink-- spring water or purified water?

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Water is water.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• literally spring water? Like you went up to one and scooped some up? or bottled? Its the same thing. Its all tap!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I heard that spring water is best because it still contains minerals, where purified water is stripped of its minerals. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about it.
    peace1234

Comment by peace1234 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yeah, I am talking about bottled water.
    peace1234

• LOL...my DH bought me these gallon sized bottles of spring water thinking I'd love them. Well, I loved the thought. I told him not to waste his money, kept the empty bottles once I drank the water and keep two of them filled with our tap water at all times in the fridge...lol.
    I think our tap water tastes 100% better than any bottled water on the market, and that's the truth.

If your tap water has a chemical taste, purchase a filtering unit for your faucet so you can just replace the little filters once a month and save a TON of money. If it is discolored town/city water, then you need to report it so they can fix it, unless the problem is with the pipes in your home. If it is discolored well water, then you need to have the well and your pipes checked. If its bad pipes, they need to be replaced. If the well is drying up, a new one needs to be dug or you need to hook up to the town/city supply.

Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Dasni is good and it has minerals put in it. i still vote for a Pur or Brita filter pitcher for home.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Actually tap water because it's alkaline or close to it. Most bottled water is acidic which is not good for your body. The closer to alkaline the better and that is tap water.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Plastic Bottled water has tons of fake estrogen hormones proven to lead to Breast Cancer. Local is better but sometimes you need to filter the tap...chlorine kills your healthy cells and the stuff in the water that makes you sick. If you can get spring water from a true aquafer...I mean C-C-Cold water, straight from the earth often times it is very pure. Good luck! I drank it for years and it is good!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i have recently experienced drinking actual spring water from a natural spring in the mountains where my boyfriend lives...it is the only water i have ever tasted other than well water, that tastes good...i think anything natural would be better for a person...although never leave the cover off of the spring box cause you don't want anything falling down into it...trust me, that wasn't a pleasant experience at all...
    bentheredonthat

Answer by bentheredonthat at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010