does anyone have or know someone with gastroparesis?

I was just diagnosed with it, and my GI Specialist cant see me till september, and the physicians assistant said he cant say much except to eat small light meals because the GI dr has a conservative approach. Any idea what that might mean?

I'm really sick, i am living off of gatorade and boost nutritional drinks right now and can barely keep those down. It'd be great to talk to someone that knows anything about this.

gtwerd

Asked by gtwerd at 8:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Health

• motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I created a group for a CafeMom member that has a child with this disease. http://www.cafemom.com/group/prayingforjacy

Apply and I'll accept you.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Have you found any answers? I have this too and completely understand your frustration. None of the medicines are helping and my GI dr is wanting to try another med that the US pulled from the market that you can get with special permission. My primary dr wants me to goto a motility dr and is searching for one now. I have lost 50+ lbs since Jan. I hope you have found some answers.
    abbietyemom

Answer by abbietyemom at 10:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• kinda, ill send you a message abbietyemom
    gtwerd

Comment by gtwerd (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2010