Anchor babies-- do all states have them? or just those close to the borders.

Anchor babies. Should the U S have to pay the health and welfare benefits for babies that are born to Mothers that cross the border illegally so their babies will be US citizens? Is is possible to repeal the 14th amendment? (which was written to protect slaves)

satire

Asked by satire at 8:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know. I am so glad I'm not a politician. I like babies and want them all to have rights. yet it is illegal to cross without going thru the proper channels.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes every state has them. No we should not mess with the 14th - it covers a lot more than just residency by birth and the congresses we've had are not responsible enough to alter that in a manner in the best interests of the citizens. Not all illegals jump a fence - people overstay student visas or travel visas all the time. They are just as illegal, and they are everywhere.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No we should not mess with any amendments.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010