phantom tastes

ok I know this is weird but. I've been gettting weird tastes in my mouth lately. usually its like rootbeer in the back of my throat... the past few days, its been this candy/sweet/sour type taste. like at the awy back of my mouth, as if my breath smells of it? its so strange and ANNOYING :/
does anyone have any idea what it might be?
i googled phantom tastes and read about tastes disorders but that doesn't sound like what I have so, idk I'm totally lost..

comments concerns advice tips?
thankss.. elsa

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Health

• Wow, I dunno, I've never heard of that happening without like smelling something and then being able to taste it, maybe a 6th sense?
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 8:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• diabetes,brain tumor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you have diabetes, one of the symptoms of high blood sugar is breath that smells juicy.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've heard that having a metallic taste in your mouth could be a symptom of a brain tumor. If anything it's worth mentioning to your doctor, especially if it's strong enough to have you concerned. I wouldn't get panicked about anything at this point, but why not ask the doc just in case? Better safe than sorry right?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I just checked out your profile. You don't look particularly overweight and you seem quite young so Type 2 diabetes seems unlikely.
    Did you have gestational diabetes when you were pregnant with your twins? I did and afterwards it didn't go away. The first symptom I had that made me aware of it was that I was seeing double. I'm now a full blown type 1. Not trying to alarm you but get your blood sugar tested, super high sugars can put you in a coma.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i've had this weird rootbeer taste every once in while since idk probably highschool and that is what my mom always said is that she worries its diabetes and it runs in my family :/
    i can't afford to go to the doctor even though i have insurance. bleeh i guess I'll figure something out or keep an eye on my blood sugar or something.
    thanks everyone
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010