Before and now pics.

It's not an "after" pic because I'm not done losing weight, yet.

I started at 351 lbs and I'm currently 237. I've lost 114 lbs in 6 months.

Pics in first answer.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 8:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• I know three people that have had the surgery. It is not easy! They had to go on a very strict diet before the surgery and continue watching what they eat even years after the surgery. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone thinks that having that surgery is the "easy" way to lose weight. I don't care what you are doing to lose weight, it is never easy. And the older you get, the harder it is to lose it and keep it off.

So, are you ewansmommy on here because onehotmama was taken? (and noooooooooo I'm not referring to anyone in particular..... so don't even start).

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• WOW! You go, Mama! Congrats!

How are you doing it?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You look awesome
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Before: (July 2009)

Now: (July 2010)

EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I eat LOTS of protein! I try to get some form of exercise everyday. I try to live as stress-free a life as possible. And it started with weight loss surgery in January. I had tried years and years of diets, nutritionists, pills, etc. and nothing worked for me. I'd lose some and then gain it all (plus more) back. My asthma was out of control, I'd get out of breath just walking up a flight of stairs in my house and we have lost the last three pregnancies likely because of my weight. It was time for something drastic so I went ahead with the surgery. I had the Gastric Sleeve Gastrectomy. Basically they removed 85% of my stomach leaving a highlighter sized sleeve shaped stomach. It's not as invasive as gastric bypass or as restrictive as the lapband but it was the best choice for me. It still requires "work" but it's been a complete lifestyle change for me and I've never been happier!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• How cute are you!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Pretty cute, actually. :-P
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• wow!! good job momma!!! i wish i had that kinda determination..im still waiting to just wake uo skinny one day..LOL..27 years, and it still hasnt happened
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Here is a woot woot for ya!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• That's good honey I hope u reach your idea weight.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010