Got my feelings hurt.

Not a news flash in my life, but it is from someone who I thought would be nice. I found a step-child that my late sister raised and took care of after her own Mom had past away. Yes, my sister was strict and she expected a lot out of the children, good grades, etc. This step-child was on Facebook and I said 'Hello'. She said she thought my sister was the meanest, craziest woman she ever met. She said not to contact her again, as I am probably just as 'crazy' as my sister was. The only reason I reached out to her was because her profile is open and she asked for prayers because her life was in the 'toilet' her words, not mine. It hurt me because it was my sister she was talking about, not some stranger. It has only been a year since my sister past away after taking care of this woman's dad, my sister's husband 24/7 with the best care possible. Her other children do not feel that way. Thankfully.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm sorry you had to go through that. That girl is obviously an ingrate. She didn't appreciate what was given to her by your sister & her father. So her life is in the toilet,huh? It doesn't surprise me. She deserves what she gets. the Bible says As you sow so shall ye reap.Amen
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Everyone is entitled to their own belief you remember her the way you want and leave this one alone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You never know what happens behind closed doors, even if it was your sister. I'm not saying the girl is right, but you will never know. You need to get over it. You obviously loved your sister so you should just block that girl out of your mind and move on with your life.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am sorry. The woman sounds ungrateful and rude, especially to have said something like this to you. I'd steer clear of her.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I plan to leave her alone. Her other brothers and sisters, step and real, are very nice to me. For them, I would move Heaven and Earth for them, they are just like my own children, now that their Dad as well as their Mom, my sister, are now gone. I will never know what happened in their lives because I was active duty military and I only saw them once in a while. Thanks all.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Kids don't like someone to tell them what to do. I'm sorry she said that bout ur sister.
    andrea720

Answer by andrea720 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Don't contact her again and let your sister good memory live on.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yeah let her go on her marry way. No point in talking to her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Who knows what went on in the house. Maybe the step daughter is being rude, could be a number of things. Just remember your sister the way you want and do not contact her. I know I would be hurt if someone said something like that about my sisters but then again I am not under the same roof with them, ya know.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010