Are you happy with where the stimulus sent your tax money?

Despite having no plans to reopen a shuttered visitor center at Mount St. Helens in Washington state, the U.S. Forest Service is spending more than $554,000 to replace its windows.
The California Academy of Sciences is receiving nearly $2 million to
send researchers to the Southwest Indian Ocean Islands and east
Africa, to capture, photograph, and analyze thousands of exotic ants.
People around Boynton, Oklahoma were left scratching their heads after the town was awarded nearly $90,00096 to replace a quarter-mile stretch of sidewalk that was replaced only five years ago. (this one in a town that is losing schools)
Located 70 miles off shore, the park is almost entirely underwater and accessible only by airplane, private boat or ferry. Despite its remote location, the park will get $13,304,484 in repairs

That's just a few. More of them in link in 1st answer

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A teenager with a credit card on steriods.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No, I am not happy with the so called stimulus money going to unnecessary projects. I think the thing that frustrates me the most is seeing supporters buying the idea that these expenditures are good for us in some way when we are neglecting so much right in front of our eyes. I don't know how you reason away rising levels of unemployment and applaud a $2M study on exotic ants in other parts of the world. I guess there is an ass for every seat.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hell No.. Democrats overspent in the name of an "emergency" and now my children will have to pay for LIberal Lobbyists spending spree... Pathetic.... Obama being the most Pathetic, since he is the one who travelled across the US 'selling' this stimulus as urgent and necessary... Democrats in DC screwed the American people on this one.... Next, Health Care.... God Help us all if Cap and Trade sees any light....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• :>( not happy
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It wasn't a stimulus, it was a big fat pet projects fiesta on the taxpayers dime.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ah hush now! Dint y'all pay attention during the bank-bailouts? The gubmint kin jus print up mo money! mo money! mo money! any ol' time they need to!
    But don't you go and tell Miz Pelosi..she's likely to have anutha operation on her priddy face!
    I watched with anticipation a stimulus project a few blocks from my salon...they contructed a landscaped median on a 4-lane road that separates a college campus from a parking lot. Any idiot with a shovel and a flat of petunias would know the plantings wouldn't work. No irrigation/sprinklers, 12 maple/magnolia trees planted about 5' apart, in a single section. Its ugly, out of place, and DUH, dying, less than 2yrs later.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• but, I forgot, I'm supposed to blame Bush for everything... he must have somehow done this. *eyeroll*

I love how if I say ANYTHING about the current administration, I'm a bigot. *sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's ok, Obby.. Recent Polling is showing the Bush was the "Boogey Man" cries from DC Dems is as Dimwitted as the $$ they recently spent for Charles Rangel's Birthday Party... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Uuuugghhh! The 2 million alone would have put supper on a lot of American tables.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hadnt even seen that list....that just leaves me speechless...What the H...seriously....i could find millions of better places than that!!! Fn ANTS thats a joke...this has to be a bad joke.......im almost ashamed.......
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010