Overweight and worried about gaining too much

This is my third pregnancy is 3 years, I was 204 when I started and now I'm 209. I didn't have a lot of time to lose the weight from my last two pregnancies and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant again. Any suggestions? I don't eat that poorly either.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think as long as you eat well, you won't gain that much weight. I'm overweight as well, I'm 29 weeks today with my first. I'm actually under my starting weight. I was terrified that I would gain way too much as well, but I think studies have shown that overweight women usually don't gain as much as smaller women do. Like I said, just eat well and don't eat too many fatty foods and you should be fine =] Good luck mama!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Exersize and breastfeed... I gained 64 lbs with both pregnancy's and lost it all within the first yr... Good luck
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 6:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my starting weight was 288... i am 295 as of my last apt... and i am 22 weeks :D i am under my expected weight gain... now i think i am much more over weight then U hunny so dont worry...

i think with my 1st my starting was 240 and i went up to 320 on delivery day...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thanks for the advice!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have some extra weight...I am 18 weeks and I lost a bunch of weight in the start (Couldnt eat) and I am now 2 pounds below my start weight.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008