Do Your kids fight a lot?

Mine fight all the time. I even try and block my older one from hitting the younger one and she gets the slaps in around me! HOW? I can't figure it out. I am at wits end.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 9:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• All siblings will scrap - it's just to what degree. Books could be written on the subject, but suffice to say, you have to simply manage the situation the best you can. you are not them - but what I would squash is the violence. It's never okay to hit in the real world. That's called assault and you get thrown in jail. Not enough room here to get into how you stem that behavior, but it will serve you well if you look into it. But within the ropes of the "real world", they will have to duke things out and come to a peace with each other. They are who they are.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes they do, it is embarrassing and frustrating.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mine fight constantly. They make each other bleed. We are working with counselors that come to our house at this time, to try and manage their anger and help me deal with the violence. Good luck to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes all mine are 9 11 12 and 15. My oldest doesn't fight,but he can be like a parent a he shouldn't. However the younger ones are alwasy teasing each other,screaming, or cussing. I'm sooo tired of it and can't wait till they get passed this stage. I'm still working on this task.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes :( today I awoke to bickering. I sent them to their rooms most of the day. They didnt like it and I came to visit and check on them but it was NICE and i ended up seeing them p[lay alone nicely, got their rooms a little tidy with my help, and when they finally came out, they were more happy about being together. SIGHHHHH
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. My 5 and 8 year old are horrible.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Me and my little sister used to fight all the time. Hubby and his siblings (there were five of them) fought. It's a kid thing. It's also one of the main reasons that we only had one kid. Well that and I always knew who to blame. LOL!

I remember one fight with my sister where I slapped her and my fingernail carved a perfect "R" (my first initial) in her cheek. She still has a faint scar of that "R". *evil grin*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010