do you feel your kid is entitled to something just bc everyone else got one?

this is in regards to another question where the mom is upset her employer didn't give a candy to her child when he was handing them out to his children. i don't think her kid should have expected to get one. if the man had decided to give one to her kid, great, but she should not expect it. and i'm apparently the only one who thinks this????? give me a break!

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It may have been rude on the part of the adult, but the child certainly matched the rudeness by asking. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

And for a mother to think that her employer owes her child something? Nope. He might have been gracious and offered, but if not offered? The child should not be asking. And the mother should not be upset.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, you're not the only one who thinks this! Not at all!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No I think if it would have been offered great but not to expect one.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Not entitled,but that WAS rude.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• lol...ur so true...was it really that serious...my kid dont eat candy anyway...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• exactly justnancyb....... and when i said that in the original question, i was made out to be the bad guy! people were saying he's so mean, etc. i am just so dumbfounded that she thinks it's ok her kid asked. gee, glad to know i'm not going off the deep end! thanks ladies!!
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it was rude on the part of the adult. How old was the kid? If he was a small kid, I could see where he'd be upset. My 3 year old would be sad. I'd expect my 7 year old to understand and act accordingly. She's forever watching her friends eat candy and huge popsicles and not getting any (they eat too much crap as it is). LOL
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• it was in the 5-8 category so i'm assuming the kid was at least 5.
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• In a case like this, the adult is being rude, but my child wouldn't be entitled to the candy. Why would the kid be rude for asking? Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you want something that isn't yours and you would like someone to share it with you?
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• IDK.i was always taught not to bring out snacks if you didn't intend to share. Eating in front of others is rude.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010