Do you stay while child is in dance/karate/ect.

If your child is in dance or karate or anything else like that do you stay there while they are in class?
If your DD is in dance/tap/ballet is there ever any fathers up there? Or is it just mommies?

(There is a dance school about 1 minute from our house & i was thinking about signing DD (3.5yo) up. Its 1hr class. DH will probably come with me since its a saturday class if we stay while she is there)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I stay with my kid. My oldest has done gymnastics, soccer, and swimming lessons. All the places we have been have areas set up for the parents. I couldn't imagine leaving them yet. It's little things for me. As much as I have them use the bathroom before class, there is always a chance that they will need to go again. The coach/instructor/teacher can't leave to bring them. I don't feel comfortable with my 4 year old walking around a strange building looking for a bathroom and then trying to get back. My husband has brought her to everything as well. We are going to start our middle child in activities this fall once she turns 3 and we are considering dance as an option. My hubby will take her there when needed.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, I did while my son was in karate. It was 45 minutes from home and no stores around that I could shop in, so it was that or sit in the car, in the dark.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yea...stay...anythang can happen...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• So far my daughter has only done swim lessons and little dribblers basketball. Both moms and dads stayed to watch those and some parents didn't stay at all or sometimes it was a grandparent or babysitter. I think that's awesome that your DH would go with you to watch the class. I think more dads should be more involved like that when they can.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Well we start dance next week and I will be staring with DD but thats just me I know some people that just drop and go but they are not gaycar so I think someone should stay with ur child.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I usually stay but we only go to the YMCA for classes so if I go anywhere else it's to use the gym portion. Sometimes DH takes her by himself if I'm too busy around the house.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Once he starts activities I will stay until he's older.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would stay if for no other reason than to get some kid-free reading time in. ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Absolutely we do. Whether it's me or dh, one of us always stays.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My husband and I have always both taken the kids to their activities....sometimes I take them, sometimes he does, sometimes we both go...kinda depends on who needs to be where, when. BUT we ALWAYS stayed there with them. These days, even coaches can be pedophiles. Plus, even the very best coaches can't always be certain that a child is going home with the correct person if parents leave. Plus, we knew what the kids were learning and what they might need to practice on and the kids knew we were interested in what they were doing. I always felt sorry for kids that just got dropped off all the time, it just seemed like their parents weren't interested in what they were doing and kids WANT their parents to be interested in them and proud of them. How can you be proud of them if you don't know what they're accomplishing? We sometimes run an errand now but thats only because they are teens and we've known the coaches for years.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010