what did or do u plan to do to start potty training ur children??

I am starting to potty train my 2 1/2 to son. He is so different from his brother. He is a bit on the stubborn side. I put him on the potty and he doesn't want to go. I ask him if he has to pee or poop and he says that he does but when he wants to go he's already went!

andrea720

Asked by andrea720 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just started my 2 year old. Right now I'm just taking him every 30 minutes or so and he's staying mostly dry. But he won't tell me when he needs to go.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I started potty training my daughter at 1 1/2 but she had speech problems and a few other things so she just got potty trained and she is now 4. With my son he is 13 months I am going to start around 18 months
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I put the potty chair in the living room and show them what its for then I sit them on it every 20 to 30 min untill they get used to it then take them every hour
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yup, thats about the age I started with my son. Made his keep trying and stayed stern. Then I would chill out and let him decide. Pee was easy-poo was not! Good luck!
    HeatherLynn

Answer by HeatherLynn at 11:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He's not stubborn. the us starts pottying so late that in order for many children to "go" it needs to be an URGENT need, because the don't know how to relax their sphincters when they aren't full to capacity. that's why when he tells you he has to go, he went because he recognized it too late, and also why he tells you the truth when he says he doesn't feel the need to go.
    1. use cotton training pants not pullups 2. take him with you everytime you potty 3. learn his poop and pee patterns 4. make sure his potty is low enough for a deep, full squat
    Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010