What was the ugliest room you have ever lived in?

In the home you live in now or one you used to live, did you have a butt ugly room that you could not wait to change? I had a home in the United Kingdom, the kitchen was 20 ft by 20 ft and it was tiled with day glow orange tiles, with a bit of black squiggles in it. It was awful. They sell a paint in the UK that you can paint the tiles. I repainted them white.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My living room....

I'll paint you a picture....

Vintage 1958 Avocado green sculpture carpet with an 18 foot wall covered in, not one ~ but two, floor to ceiling murals of the ruins of Venice in Avocado green and metallic gold. It was put up with an adhesive that would have survived the apocalypse. I moved in, in 1994 so it had already survived almost 40 years!

As a reward for having scrapped it off, there were hardwood floors under the carpet that had never seen the light of day and were MINT! WoooHooo!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Probably the florescent green bedroom I grew up in.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• when i was really young my room was pale yellow. i'm pretty sure it was lead based... and then when i moved back in with my mom, after my sister painted the room, it was dark brown, very ugly.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• After I graduated from high school, I moved out of my parent's house and moved in with some friends in a condo. We leased the condo together and I put down the deposit and they were suppose to paint (we had the landlord's permission) and decorate the condo. They painted my room purple with yellow trim. It was ugly and to beat it all they didn't even finish it. I moved out a few months later. I should have known when they painted a room those colors that they were trippin' on something.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• the room at my parent's house, I was 22 when we moved in and did nothing but put a bob marley picture up, that is still there. Otherwise its just as it was when we moved in, plain.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Do my dorm rooms count?
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010