CLOTH DIAPERS!

My daughter is 11 months and i think i want to try out cloth diapers. Do you think she would be bothered by this? Also, i ordered some grobaby/groVia. What do you think of these? Anything you recommend? I'm totally new to this and i'm finding there is SOOO much to know!! Thanks :)

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 9:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know. I loved cloth diapers but I used them up until about the age your child is now.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• it will be a little chuckier~but easy for you both to get into~I'm check out your grobaby thing. I used the biobottom wool wraps and a stuff sac to put wet diapers in while out. I cheated with paper at poo time when I could~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Personally I would just go with cloth, not a combination of cloth and disposable like that. I love my bum genius cloth diapers! You just throw them in the wash, not a big deal.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've never heard of the brands you mentioned. I use mostly cotton prefolds and Bummis covers with a snappi instead of diaper pins. I have bought both the bleached cotton and the unbleached cotton (Chinese) from Cottonbabies.com. The Bummis covers are great because they can hold up to the heat of the dryer. I have some pocket diapers which I stuff with microfiber inserts (don't let the microfiber touch the baby's skin because it is too drying). I like the pocket diapers, but they cost a lot and don't hold up as well as the plain old prefolds. We used pocket diapers for overnight as long as we could, but as he got older he was wetting heavily at night and waking up soaked. I use a disposable at night, but am open to suggestions.

The diaper companies have detailed washing instructions. There are also very good groups here on CM. You can ask a question and have an answer in minutes.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I just switched my youngest at 13 months and I will never go back. I don't know much about they hybrid systems but I do love me some fitteds and pockets. There are awesome groups here on CM that really helped me though the transition. Now I'm a fluff addict lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I recommend prefolds and wool covers. Those are the best for your lo's skin :)
    But if you want to do the best EVER - go diaper free :) It is harder to start elimination communication this late, but you can at least do part time - you can find out more info on tribalbaby.org.
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 2:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Ditto on the prefolds, but its a matter of preference.

Elimination communication is great! Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010