PCOS Question

I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and half ago. I have a Merina and had, had it about a year and half when I was diagnosed. I had never had irregular menstrual cycles and got pregnant really easily with my son. When I got the Merina is when my cycles were irregular. Since I gave birth to my son in August of 05 I have not had a normal period. While I was pregnant I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. So my question is, is there anyone else that has been diagnosed with PCOS after having Gestational Diabetes, and while having a Merina. Also, has anyone with PCOS had a Merina and Gestational Diabetes and had another baby easily? My husband and I want to have more children and we will probably start trying next year I just want to know the obstacles I might have to face. Oh and does anyone know if there is a link to Gestational Diabetes and PCOS? Any kind of opinions or answers would be great. Thank you in advance!

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 6:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• Unfortunately I don't have an exact answer for you... I have PCOS, did have trouble getting pregnant, but did not have gestational diabetes or Mirena. When we wanted to get pregnant, I was coming off of the pill and didn't ovulate. The Dr. gave me some progesterone pills to "reboot my system" and I got pregnant immediately after. Wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until my son was 2 though, so I had no idea why I was having trouble getting pregnant. At least you have a diagnosis now, and if you have issues, you can discuss it with your doctor. I had to take progesterone, my sister (also with PCOS) went through 3 rounds of Clomid, my friend (also with PCOS and a thyroid problem) had to take glucophage (?). All of us ended up with kids in the end though! Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
    icook

Answer by icook at 8:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008